Personal Injury FAQs

1. What is a Personal Injury Attorney?

A personal injury attorney is a legal professional who specializes in representing individuals who have been physically or psychologically injured due to the negligence or wrongdoing of another.

2. Why Do I Need a Personal Injury Attorney?

Personal injury cases can be complex, involving legal technicalities, insurance loopholes, and sometimes, litigation and appeals. An experienced attorney can navigate these issues, advocate for your rights, and help you seek and obtain justice for your injuries.

3. What Types of Cases Does a Florida Personal Injury Attorney Handle?

Florida personal injury attorneys generally handle a wide range of cases, including car accidents, slip and falls, medical malpractice, product liability, wrongful death, and more.

4. How Do I Know if I Have a Valid Personal Injury Case?

If you’ve been injured due to someone else’s negligence, you may have a valid personal injury case. Consult with an attorney to evaluate the specifics of your situation and determine your options.

5. How Much Does it Cost to Hire a Personal Injury Attorney in Florida?

Most personal injury attorneys work on a contingency fee basis, meaning they only get paid if they help you win your case. And the fee is typically a percentage of the compensation you receive.

6. What Should I Do if I’ve Been Injured in an Accident?

Seek medical attention immediately, document the incident and your injuries, gather witness contact information and photographs, and consult with a personal injury attorney as soon as possible.

7. How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Claim in Florida?

In Florida, the statute of limitations for most personal injury cases is two years from the date of the accident or injury. However, there are exceptions and variations depending on the circumstances, so it’s essential to consult with an attorney right away.

8. What Damages Can I Recover in a Personal Injury Case?

You may be entitled to recover medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, property damage, loss of consortium, and in some cases, punitive damages.

9. Can I Still Pursue a Personal Injury Claim if I Was Partially at Fault for the Accident?

You can still recover, even if you are partially at fault. But if you are found to be greater than 50% at fault, you cannot recover from the wrongdoer/tortfeasor. (This 50% rule does not apply to medical malpractice cases.)

10. How Long Does it Take to Resolve a Personal Injury Case?

The duration of a personal injury case can vary depending on factors like the complexity of the case, the extent of your injuries, and whether a settlement can be reached or if the case has to be litigated or appealed. Your attorney can provide an estimate based on the specifics of your situation.

If you or anyone you know needs an attorney to help seek justice in a Florida personal injury matter, please call us at 754-400-5150 or contact us online. Let the Law Offices of Evan M. Rosen serve you!

Client Reviews

Mr. Rosen was recommended to us by our friends and we highly recommend him for his excellent service. He represented us in the matter of foreclosure defense. His comprehensive and detailed knowledge of Florida law, federal law, and ongoing relevant cases was key to building a robust and winning...

Jadwiga M.

In a few words, Evan Rosen saved my house. He got a final judgment in my favor. The judge gave the bank many opportunities (continuance of the trial even a mistrial) to solve all the issues that Evan Rosen will bring up to the judge (issues that were wrong with my case). In the end, his arguments...

Oscar D.

I am so grateful first to god and for the blessing of putting attorney Evan Rosen and his team of professional, in our lives. If you are going through a foreclosure and don't know what to do, I can honestly tell you that attorney Evan Rosen is the person to talk (855-55-Rosen) he takes his time to...

Julie D.

Contact Us

  1. 1 Treat You Like We’d Want To Be Treated
  2. 2 Treat Your Case As if It Was Our Own
Fill out the contact form or call us at 754-400-5150 to schedule your consultation.

Leave Us a Message